The Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital is the oldest Eye Clinic in Greece and one of the oldest Hospitals in Europe. It is offering continuously its services to the society for over 150 years.
The Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital was founded on 1843 and on 1856 it became the official Hospital of the University of Medicine in Athens Greece, headed by the Professor A. Anagnostakis the father of the ophthalmoscope, and then by Professors of Ophthalmology N. Dellaposrtas, G. Gazepis, M. Kontoleon, G. Cosmetatos and J. Charamis.
Today the scientific contribution of Ophtalmiatrio Eye Hospital is appreciated and recognized by the best ophthalmological centers and it is considered as a center where the most recent methods of treatment and surgery are afforded and a center where the education of the ophthalmoligists is excellent.
Related pages about Hospitals In Greece:
- Achillopouleio General Hospital of Volos
- Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital of Athens
- Community Mental Health Center of Katerini
- General Hospital of Preveza
- Health Care Center of Plomari
- Helena Venizelou General & Maternity District Hospital of Athens
- Hospital of Limnos
- Hygeia Diagnostic & Therapeutic Center of Athens
- KAT General Hospital of Attica
- Medialyse Dialysis Center of Loutraki
- Onasis Cardiac Surgery Center of Athens
- Sismanoglio General Hospital of Attica
- Spiliopoulio Pathological Hospital of Athens
- St. George General Hospital of Chania
- The Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital of Athens
Read more about the Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital of Athens: