University Hospital of Ioannina was founded in 1990 and disposes 800 active beds.
University Hospital of Ioannina provides high quality services, research and educational work and the latest medical and technological equipment, that makes it the biggest and most complete hospital in west Greece and one of the most innovative and progressive hospitals in the country.
As a teaching Hospital, it shares a long-standing affiliation with Ioannina University’s School of Medicine and the Ioannina School of Nursing.
Some 45000 people are treated annualy in the Hospital’s Care Clinics and approximately 130000 people use Hospital’s Outpatinet Department every year. A wide variety of surgical procedures, including transplantations and the most up-to-date laparoscopic techniques, are performed in its operating rooms.
The Hospital of Ioannina is also in the forefront in implementing Management Information Systems.
The philosophy of University Hospital of Ioannina includes engagement in the re-establishment and the maintenance of health, facing and curing diseases and giving accent in the promotion of health.
Hosptital’s Mission is:
- To provide the higher possible quality of care and treatment within the Greek National Health System (NHS) limits of available resources for all patients.
- To provide emergency services for patients requiring immediate care.
- To ensure the most effective use of the Hospital’s resources.
- To ensure continuity of care between the community and the Hospital by maintaining liaison with other health care providers.
Related pages about Education & Patient Care Schools of Greece:
- Department of Psychiatry of Athens Medical School
- Department of Surgery of Athens Medical School
- Department of Internal Medicine of Athens
- Department of Urology of the Medical School
- University Hospital of Ioannina
- University Medical School of Thessaly
Read more about the University Hospital of Ioannina: