The Community Mental Health Center of Katerini applies therapeutic programmes to children, adolescents and adults who suffer from mental illnesses or show psychological problems. It provides help to all the people who report mental disabilities and are affected by a mental illness. At the same time, its professionals offer advice to the families that need it.
The Community Mental Health Center of Katerini is a discentralised unit providing mental health services. It is a branch of the 2nd Provincial Health System of Central Macedonia, Greece.
The aim of the Community Mental Health Center of Katerini is to cover the psychosocial needs, to promote the mental health of the Pieria residents (120.000 inhabitants) and to increase the number of its clients, ie the people who seek for its services and come there.
The Community Mental Health Center of Katerini plays an important role in the activation of the social policies to help and support the sensitive groups of the population (unemployed, financial immigrants etc) and help them face their immediate problems relating to housing, work and quality of life.
It also helps to the transfer of psychiatric / psychosocial care from the Psychiatric Hospital to the Community. The role of the Community Mental Health Center of Katerini is therapeutic, researching and educational.
The operating rules of the Community Mental Health Center show responsibility for a specific part of population (people of the region of Pieria), the search for their needs and the design of services to cover them.
Related pages about Hospitals In Greece:
- Achillopouleio General Hospital of Volos
- Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital of Athens
- Community Mental Health Center of Katerini
- General Hospital of Preveza
- Health Care Center of Plomari
- Helena Venizelou General & Maternity District Hospital of Athens
- Hospital of Limnos
- Hygeia Diagnostic & Therapeutic Center of Athens
- KAT General Hospital of Attica
- Medialyse Dialysis Center of Loutraki
- Onasis Cardiac Surgery Center of Athens
- Sismanoglio General Hospital of Attica
- Spiliopoulio Pathological Hospital of Athens
- St. George General Hospital of Chania
- The Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital of Athens
Read more about the Community Mental Health Center: