Achillopouleio General Hospital of Volos began his operation before one century (1903) and functions up today without interruption. The newer history of Volos city and the configuration of her running physiognomy, begin with the annexation of Thessaly and Volos in Greek state in 1881.
As it is presented by the historical elements the institution was from the first activities of citizens of that season in Volos city. The financing of his manufacture was based exclusively on the citizen offers and charitable supports.
The operation and his increase, from then up to today, can be separated in three periods, taking consider the big earthquake that become in Volos in 1956. We have the first period, before the earthquake (1903-1956), the second period (1956-1964), immediately after the earthquake and finally the third period, when the hospital was installed in the new building, where functions up to today.
The history and the various phases is connected with the social level and with the development of medicine.
Related pages about Hospitals In Greece:
- Achillopouleio General Hospital of Volos
- Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital of Athens
- Community Mental Health Center of Katerini
- General Hospital of Preveza
- Health Care Center of Plomari
- Helena Venizelou General & Maternity District Hospital of Athens
- Hospital of Limnos
- Hygeia Diagnostic & Therapeutic Center of Athens
- KAT General Hospital of Attica
- Medialyse Dialysis Center of Loutraki
- Onasis Cardiac Surgery Center of Athens
- Sismanoglio General Hospital of Attica
- Spiliopoulio Pathological Hospital of Athens
- St. George General Hospital of Chania
- The Ophthalmiatrio Eye Hospital of Athens
Read more about the Achillopouleio General Hospital of Volos: