Like their modern counterparts, ancient athletes had a way of capturing the public’s imagination.
Several ancient authors such as Pindar, Pausanias, Strabo, and Dio Chrysostom record the noteworthy exploits of some of the best-known Olympic victors of ancient times.
Read more about Athletes Stories from Olympics in ancient Greece:
- Daily Life in ancient Greece
- Symposium, the ancient Greek drinking parties
- The Ancient City of Athens
- Ariston shares his experience in the Olympic Games 2500 years ago
- Athletes Stories from Olympics in ancient Greece
- Olympic Games in Greece
- Virtual Tour of Knossos by the British School of Athens