There are exhibits from the School’s archive illustrating the work of the School at sites throughout Greece, including Mycenae, Sparta and current work on Chios. You can also see rare images of Byzantine mosaics from the church of St. Dimitrios in ThessalonIki. There’s much more, including information about the School.
The three dimensional tour of Knossos is very informational and it is based on the use of Quick-Time Movies. With the help of these movies plus the map of Knossos you will be able to get a full picture of the Minoan Palace and “visit” rooms of it that are not open to the public.
Read more about the British School of Athens:
- Daily Life in ancient Greece
- Symposium, the ancient Greek drinking parties
- The Ancient City of Athens
- Ariston shares his experience in the Olympic Games 2500 years ago
- Athletes Stories from Olympics in ancient Greece
- Olympic Games in Greece
- Virtual Tour of Knossos by the British School of Athens