The Self-Help Promoting Program is a pilot project running under the supervision of the Psychology Department of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
The principal aims of the program are:
- The promotion of self-help in coping with addiction to psychoactive substances and other psychosocial problems
- The training of health workers in new roles of encouragement and peripheral support of citizens’ initiatives
- The research into the applications of self- help in dealing with psychosocial problems
The Self-Help Promoting Program is an alternative place, a place of meeting people that exceeds the narrow borders of a public health service.
This exceeding is directly connected to the philosophy of self-help and self-activity of citizens and to the opinion that the promoting of self-help and the redefinition of the mental health professional’s role, cannot take place within the context of the traditional organization and function of a mental health structure.
Related pages about the Organisations For Drugs And Therapeutic Programmes In Greece:
- Greek Organisation Against Drugs – OKANA
- Pyxida Organization Against Drugs in Greece
- Self – Help Promoting Program in Thessaloniki
- Therapy Center for Dependent Individuals – KETHEA
- Paremvasi – Therapeutic program in Greece
- EXODOS Therapeutic Programme in Central Greece
- Psychiatric Clinic of Thessaloniki
Read more about the Self – Help Promoting Program in Thessaloniki: