The Technological Education Institute of Larissa was established in 1983 under the 1404/84 Act. It belongs to the Higher Education and is a self – governing institution as a Legal Establishment of Public Domain.
It was chartered originally as KATE (Centre of Higher Technological Education) set up under the 652/70 Act and later as KATEE (Centre of Higher Technological and Vocational Education) under the 576/74 Act.
The Technological Education Institute of Larissa has therefore grown to its present state from a single unit structure erected in 1974. Over 10,000 students are enrolled in the campus which is spread out over 1152 m2 not to mention the two annexes in Karditsa and Lamia.
The aims of the Technological Education Institute of Larissa are:
a. To offer sufficient theoretical are practical education to its students in areas of scientific and technological applications which would enable them to become skillful professionals.
b. To develop able leaders in applied sciences which would in the framework of proper planning help in the economic, social and cultural development of the area.
The Technological Education Institute of Larissa is divided into six (6) Schools:
- School of Technological Applications
- School of Health professions
- School of Management and Finance
- School of Agricultural Technology
- Center of Foreign Languages and Physical Education
- Center of Karditsa with two Departments
- Department of Forestry
- Department of Furniture Technology
Read more about TEI in Greece
more about TEI of Larissa: