The Technological Educational Institute of the Ionian Islands was founded in accordance with Government Gazette in 156/20-6-2003.
It is part of the technological sector of higher education and operates as a Public Law Entity. It is fully self-governing under state supervision,exercised by the Minister of National Education and Religious Affairs.
The Technological Educational Institute of the Ionian Islands is based in Argostoli on the island of Kefalonia. There are also Branches, Faculties and Departments in other towns in the Ionian Islands Region.
The Technological Educational Institute of the Ionian Islands consists of six departments offering courses in modern subjects, with good graduate career prospects. The departments are based on the islands of Kefalonia (Argostoli and Lixouri), Zakynthos and Lefkada.
It should be noted that the Technological Educational Institute offers postgraduate courses in collaboration with other universities in Greece and abroad.
The Technological Educational Institute of the Ionian Islands consists of the following departments:
- Department of Ecology and the Environment (Zakynthos)
- Department of Organic Farming (Kefalonia – Argostoli)
- Department of Sound and Musical Instrument Technology (Kefalonia – Lixouri)
- Department of Applied Informatics in Management & Finance (Lefkada)
- Department of Business Management (Kefalonia)
Read more about TEI in Greece