The School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (A.S.PE.T.E.) was founded in Athens in June 2002, following the nullification of SELETE (Law 3027/2002, Article 4).
It is a self-administered public legal entity operating in accordance with article 16, para. 5 of the Constitution, the provisions of Law 3027/2002, and the School’s Regulation.
The School’s mission is similar to that of the Technological Education Institutions (T.E.I.), which provide technological training at tertiary education level; it also includes the concurrent provision of pedagogical training, the promotion of applied research in educational technology and pedagogy, and the provision of training, further training or specialization training for in-service or prospective secondary education teachers.
The School of Pedagogical and Technological Education includes the following Departments:
- Department of Electrical Engineering Educators
- Department of Electronic Engineering Educators
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Educators
- Department of Civil and Structural Engineering Educators
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering Educators
- General Department of Education
- General Department of General Courses
Read more about TEI in Greece
Read more about the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education: