Rhodes Casino
Greece travel information, Greece directory
>  HOME

Rhodes Casino

The Casino of Rhodes

Rhodes Casino was officially opened on 2 April 1999 as the "Playboy Casino". In October of 1999 the name of the casino was officially changed to it's current name "Casino Rodos".

Housed in the legendary Grande Albergo delle Rose building, the casino gaming area is divided into two floors: the ground floor containing over 300 slot machines, and the first floor containing 34 table games.

In May of 2002, the Boutique Hotel section opened with 33 glamorous deluxe suites. The history of the building starts in 1927 when the construction of the Grande Albergo delle Rose, Italian for Grand Hotel of Roses,  was completed. The hotel was later christened the “Dream of the East”, as it became the top attraction of the international jet set of the time.

Eleftherios Venizelos, Aristotle Onassis, Constantine Karamanlis, George Papandreou, Tito, Winston Churchill and Moshe Dayan are but a few of the great names to have graced the halls of the hotel with their presence.  Many historic events took place at this hotel, one of the most important being the signature of the foundation of the State of Israel in 1948.


orthodox church in Santorini

 
 
This page about Rhodes Casino is copyright of Greeceindex.com. Hosting and SEO by ArtKreta.gr